Austin Richard Post, known professionally as Post Malone, is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter. Known for his introspective songwriting and variegated vocal styles, Malone has gained acclaim for blending genres and subgenres of pop, hip hop, R&B, and trap. His stage name was derived from inputting his birth name into a rap name generator. Malone began his music career as an independent artist in 2013 and attained recognition with his 2015 debut single “White Iverson”, which peaked at number 14 on the US Billboard Hot 100.
Malone soon signed a recording contract with Republic Records and released his debut studio album, Stoney, in 2016, which contained the diamond hit single “Congratulations”. The album set the record for most weeks (77) on the US Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. Malone’s second album, Beerbongs & Bentleys (2018), debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 and set several streaming records. Among the best-selling music artists, Malone has won numerous accolades.
Here are the interesting facts about Post Malone.
- As a teenager, Post Malone worked at Chicken Express
- Before he became a rapper, Post was in a metal band
- He credits Bob Dylan as one of his biggest musical inspirations, and he even has a Dylan portrait tattoo
- He was voted “Most Likely To Become Famous” as a senior at Grapevine High School
- His birth name is Austin Post. He got the Malone part from a rap name generator
- Malone performed at Kylie Jenner’s 18th birthday party
- People frequently create memes based around variations of Post Malone’s moniker
- Post has a portrait tattoo of President John F. Kennedy, who he admires for speaking out against “crazy corruption stuff” in American government
- Post started learning to play the guitar thanks to the popular video game ‘Guitar Hero’
- White Iverson was written two days before recording and posted it to his SoundCloud