Pochi La Biashara is a product that allows business owners such as: food vendors, small kiosk owners, boda-boda operators, second hand clothes dealers, etc. to receive and separate business funds from personal funds on their Mpesa line. This product is targeting business owners who may not have till or pay bill numbers, but want to separate business payments from their personal Mpesa account.
Some of the benefits of the Pochi La Biashara service are listed below.
- Simple sign up process; no paperwork is involved
- Customers can conveniently make payments directly to the business owner’s Pochi La Biashara
- Business owners will be able to separate their business funds and personal funds allowing them to use business transactions to make better business decisions
- The payment once done cannot be reversed without the approval of the business owner
- Business owners can now sell airtime and earn a 5% commission on value sold
- Access to mini statements
- Easily accessible Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the product, under “Know More About the Service”
- No display of mobile numbers on Mpesa messages for payments to Pochi la Biashara for privacy and protection of customer and business owner information
- For security purposes, your Mpesa PIN is used to authenticate Pochi La Bisahara
What you need to know about Pochi La Biashara
Here are some of the things you need to know about Pochi La Biashara.
- Daily transactional limit of Ksh 300,000 umbrella limit for both the personal and business account apply
- Funds received on the business account will not be deducted by Fuliza
- Send money transaction charges apply when a customer is making payments. The business owner receiving the payment does not incur any charges
- The business owners can leave/to opt out of the service by dialing *334#, select Pochi La Biashara > My Account > Leave this service > Confirm and you will receive an SMS confirmation that you have been successfully opted out of the service. Upon opt out, any funds on the business account will instantly be moved to your Mpesa account
Rates and charges
How to access funds in your Pochi La Biashara
To access funds, a business owner withdraw from agent or move funds from business to personal account.
a. Withdraw funds from agent
You will dial *334#, select Pochi La Biashara > Withdraw Funds > From Agent > Enter Agent number > Enter amount and complete the withdraw transaction using your Mpesa PIN. Normal withdrawal from agent charges apply.
b. Withdraw funds from business to personal account
The business owners can move funds from their business account to their Mpesa. They will dial *334#, select Pochi La Biashara > Withdraw funds > From Business to Personal Account > Enter amount and complete the transaction using your Mpesa PIN.
How to register for Pochi La Biashara
Using their Mpesa line, the business owner will:
- Dial *334# from the Mpesa line
- Select ‘Pochi La Biashara’
- Select ‘Join’
- Accept Terms and Conditions
- Select the business category
- You will receive an SMS confirmation that you have been opted in successfully
How to use Pochi La Biashara service
A customer making payments to Pochi La Biashara (business owner) will:
- Dial *334# from the Mpesa line
- Select ‘Lipa na M-Pesa’
- Select Pochi La Biashara
- Enter business mobile number
- Enter amount
- Enter PIN to complete the transaction