Jumia is a pan-African e-commerce platform. The platform consists of a marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, a logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and a payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active and Jumia’s platform in selected markets for electronics, and fashion among others. It has millions of shoppers, affiliate traders and brands making it the largest e-commerce entity in Africa, thus earning the nickname ‘Africa’s Amazon’. Jumia offers weekly payments to vendors who items have been purchased. The company also takes over the advertisement, sale, logistics and payment collection for items listed on its platform.
Opening a Jumia vendor account
To open a Jumia seller account, follow this procedure.
- Go to Seller Center
- Fill your details on the spaces provided
- Accept the e-contract
- Proceed to enter your business information
- Fill in your bank account details
- Confirm the entries you made, when done save the entries
- You will get an email with a verification link
- Follow the link in your email to activate your vendor account
Leave a Reply