With Safaricom’s ‘Reverse Call’ feature users of the network can make calls to other Safaricom lines without airtime. The feature allows a a Safaricom subscriber without credit to transfer the cost of a call to the receiver. The ‘Reverse Call’ feature compliments and is similar to the ‘Please Call Me’ service which enables a customer to send five free messages to other customers requesting for a call back. The ‘Reverse Call’ service is only available for on-net calls and will not be applicable for off-net, roaming and international calls. Also for the service to work, the person receiving the call must have airtime on their line.
How to call without airtime on Safaricom network
To use the ‘Reverse Call’ feature by Safaricom, follow these steps.
- From your phone dialer, add ‘#’ before the number you want to call. For instance, to transfer the cost of the call to 0722000000, a customer will dial #0722000000
- The person receiving the call will see the caller’s details as normal
- When they pick the call, they will first hear a voice prompt alerting them that they will be billed for the call at the normal call rates
- They will be asked to key in “1” to accept the reverse call or “2” to decline
- The cost of the call will be equivalent to the receiver’s normal cost call
Leave a Reply