TikTok is a community for people all across the map to create, share, and watch entertaining short videos. TikTok provides verified badges to help users make informed choices about the accounts they chose to follow. TikTok creators come from all walks of life and the verified badge is a quick and clear way to let you know you are following the real deal, rather than a parody or fan account.
Verification at its core is a way for people to know that the high-profile accounts they are following are exactly who they say they are. For individuals, nonprofits, institutions, businesses, or official brand pages, the verified badge helps build trust with their followers and adds an important layer of clarity within the TikTok community. TikTok only awards verification badges to its most authentic, popular and influential users.
Requirements to apply for a TikTok verified badge
TikTok considers a number of factors before granting a verified badge, such as whether the notable account is authentic, unique, active, and adheres to TikTok’s community guidelines and terms of service. Keep in mind, TikTok doesn’t consider the number of followers or likes on your account as a requirement when granting a verified badge. Some account requirements TikTok considers for verification include:
- Active: Your account must have logged in within the past 6 months.
- Authentic: Your account represents a real person, business, or entity. Only one verification per business or person except for language-specific accounts.
- If you are a business, institution, or entity, your email domain must represent your business during the verification approval process.
- Complete: Your account must currently be public and have a completed profile with a bio, name, profile photo, and at least one video.
- Notable: TikTok reviews accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and doesn’t consider press releases and sponsored or paid media.
- Secure: Your account must have multi-factor authentication with a verified email. This ensures that the authentic owner stays the authentic owner and is protected from malicious actors.
How to apply for TikTok verification
A verified badge means that TikTok has confirmed the account belongs to the person or brand it represents.. It appears next to a TikTok user’s account name in search results and on the profile as a blue check mark symbol. If an account does not have the verified badge next to the username but displays it somewhere else on the profile (such as the bio), it’s not a verified account. Verified badges can only be applied by TikTok and will appear in the same place every time. To request verification of your TikTok account:
- In the TikTok app, tap “Profile” at the bottom.
- Tap the three bars on the top right.
- Tap “Settings and privacy”.
- Tap ‘Manage account’, then tap “Verification”.
- If you’re registered as a Business Account, then you can only apply for Business Verification.
- If you’re registered as a Personal Account, then you can apply for Personal and Institutional Verifications.
- Follow the steps in the app to submit a verification request.
Alternatively, you can use this form to request for a verified badge.