If you have a business, then you should have it listed on Google Business. Your business profile appears right when people are searching for your business or businesses like yours on Google Search and Maps. Google Business makes it easy to create and update your business profile, so you can stand out, and bring customers in. Getting verified on Google Business is very important, as it adds a mark authenticity for people to know that they are dealing with a genuine business.
Verification will help shed off doubt on your opening and closing hours, address, and other important information. It also helps ensure the accuracy of your business information across Google. Verified businesses are twice as likely to be considered reputable by users. Verification further protects you from anyone who might otherwise pose as a representative of your business. Once verified, users will see a blue shield with a checkmark in it on your listing in Google Search and Maps.
How to apply for Google Business verification
Follow these steps to verify your business on Google Business.
- Sign in to Google Business
- Choose the business you’d like to verify, then click ‘Verify now’
- You can use any of the following options to have your business verified
- Standard mail: To verify your business listing by mail, enter your business address in Google Business. Google will send you a postcard with a verification code. Most postcards arrive within 14 days
- Phone: If your business is eligible to get a verification code by phone, you’ll see the ‘Verify by phone’ option when you request verification
- Email: If your business is eligible to get a verification code by email, you’ll see the ‘Verify by email’ option when you request verification. Before trying to verify your listing by email, make sure you can access the email address shown in the verification screen
- Video chat: Video verification is done via video chat with a Google specialist. For this, you should install the Google Hangouts app for iOS or Android. A Google representative may want to check your workplace, logo, equipment, public space, branded work, etc
- Instant verification: If you’ve already verified your business’s website with Google Search Console, you may be able to verify your listing instantly. To verify your business listing instantly, make sure you’re signed in to Google Business with the same email account you used to verify your site with Search Console. Some business categories may not be eligible for instant verification
- Bulk verification: This option is accessible for businesses that simultaneously need to verify more than 10 locations of one business. After signing into Google Business, click ‘Get verified’ next to one of your locations. And then choose ‘Chain’. Fill in all the required information and submit the verification form. After you verify your business listing, you may be asked to review your information and make any final changes. When you’re certain everything’s up-to-date, click ‘Done editing’
- Trusted Verifiers: A Trusted Verifier is a certified partner that’s eligible to verify Google Business listings using the Trusted Verifier mobile app. Trusted Verifiers can help local businesses get verified if these businesses are new; without a Google Business listing or listed but yet to be verified yet. In order to verify your business, verifiers may need to visit your location in person and check original business documentation (utility bills, government tax documents, business registration, etc.)