Many a time, you must have thought of appreciating your employees or co-workers for their excellent work. However, you decided to step back at the last minute because you didn’t know what to say or how to convey it. Also, finding the right words of appreciation for employees isn’t child’s play. Mainly because it’s related to their emotions or the extra efforts they put into their work every day.
The thought of being extra cautious about what you’ll say might be halting you from appreciating your employees. Employee recognition is an integral part of healthy company culture. It is one of the key points that determine a company’s growth and productivity. So, are you not implementing it because you don’t know how to express your words? Or are you unsure of how and what to write in their cards?
Appreciating your employees doesn’t take much effort. However, you still need a well-written message to make them feel good about their work. Here are some tips for writing words of appreciation for employees:
- Let them know the reason – Acknowledge the purpose for which you are appreciating them. This will help the employee realize the impact of their work
- Acknowledge the impact – Scale up your employees’ happiness by citing the positive impact that his or her work bought. Employees will feel more gratified when they realize the worth of their work
- Write a few lines of appreciation – Make them feel special with some meaningful words of appreciation. Here, you can also add a personal note for the employee as well
- The tone of the message – The tone of your message matters a lot while appreciating your employees. Be precise with what you want to say and to whom you’re saying. You want to form a bond with your employees, but at the same time, you must maintain the formal business tone and avoid being too personal
- Personalization – Adding a little personalized touch along with your employee appreciation messages would be a nice add-on. For this, you can opt for adding a personalized gift like a pen with the employee’s name on it
Words of appreciation for employees
Words of appreciation for employees are from two distinct points of view, i.e.
- The employer or managerial recognition
- A co-worker or the peer-to-peer recognition
Words of appreciation from managers or employers
Here some helpful tips and ready-to-use examples of words of appreciation for employees to help you with your rewards and recognition efforts.
- It’s your dedication that contributed to our success. Thank you for inspiring us!
- Every idea shared and every opportunity seized by you helped us achieve the heights. Kudos to your efforts!
- Your dedication is imperative for the growth of our company. Thank you for your efforts.
- You probably haven’t thought of anyone noticing you staying back late at the office. Well, you missed me out. Thank you for your efforts. Yours sincerely,……
- A good employee inspires his or her boss. Thanks for being my inspiration.
- An employee’s hard work is the fuel to great company culture. Thanks for adding extra miles to ours.
- A perfect employee is not the one who comes early and leaves late. It is someone who dedicates themselves to their work wholeheartedly. Kudos to your dedication!
- Your attention to detail at work makes you more unique. Keep up the good work.
- You and your work always stood by the expectations and have a meaningful contribution to the company’s success. We value your presence and are proud of you.
- I’ll bet you didn’t think if anyone was watching you while you invested those extra hours. You were wrong, and I would like to thank you for everything you have done so far. Yours sincerely,……
- The service you provided exceeded all expectations. I would also like to add how much you mean to our company. Thank you, and keep up with the good work.
- Your desire and willingness fuel our mutual efforts and guide us to success.
- I have been busy lately, but now I want to tell you how much our company values you and your work.
- Your hard work is admirable, and it guarantees a continuing successful relationship between us.
- It’s the vision of employees like you who turn desired plans into success. We value you and your work to the moon and back.
- Your dedication and hard work have left everyone in utter amazement in the company, and here I take this moment to convey my heartiest wishes and best of luck to you.
- The efforts you put in to deliver high-quality work for the organization are commendable. May you continue the same every single day for the rest of your career. Kudos!
- Words will fall short if I am to praise you for everything you have done for the company. However, this won’t stop me from telling you how valuable you have become for us now. I wish you all the success in life!
- I must be one hell of a lucky manager to get someone like you working for me, and I wish to see your progress in all your endeavors.
- Even though appreciation words are not enough for praising you for your great work. I would still like to convey my best wishes and assure you of my support every time you need it.
- Your ability to take every task with utmost sincerity has left us all stunned as we try to derive inspiration from you. Believe me; you are the perfect employee which every employer desires to have in their team.
- It gives me immense pride in saying to everyone how great you are as a team member. Your diligence and detailed approach towards work has set a benchmark for the rest of the workforce. Cheers!
- Did anyone tell you that you are one of the best employees our organization has ever seen? You and your work is valuable for us and I hope of continuing our professional journey ahead as well.
- We, as managers, are always incomplete without hard-working employees like you. Thanks for your support and hard work that you always put in our work every single day.
- You have shown us some commendable skills for which I can only put out the best appreciation words for you. Keep progressing, and keep up your great work!
Words of appreciation from co-workers or peers
Peer to peer recognition is more effective than an only managerial form of recognition.
- Having you on the team is a matter of privilege for us. Thank you!
- Every single day, you inspire us with your good work. Kudos!
- I just wanted to add that you mean a lot as my colleague. Your work is what inspires me the most.
- Thank you for being a great addition to our team. Your willingness to deliver high-quality work is really admirable. Thank you!
- You mean a lot to our team. And I would like to take this opportunity to extend my goodwill to you.
- The Employee of the month is just a small term. You are the star of our team who shines and inspires us every single day.
- Your good work is commendable, and I’m proud to have you as my colleague. Wishing you all the best. Yours sincerely,…….
- It’s hard to imagine our team without you. Thank you!
- To be honest, I’m envious of your talents. But I’m privileged to have you as my colleague.
- Thank you for standing with us during all the ups and downs. We are glad to have you on our team.
- Hi mate! I just wanted to make myself clear here that you mean a lot to our team. Thank you for all your extra effort.
- I must agree that you amaze me every day with your dedication and good work.
- Let me tell you, mate, that you are as impressive as your work. Thank you for being a part of our team.
- You and your work both are invaluable, and both combined guarantee a successful future.
- You and your dedication are valuable to our team. Thus, we would like to say to you a big “Thank you” for everything you have done so far for us. Kudos!
- An individual who prioritizes the team before self deserves utmost appreciation. And you are one such individual. Thank you for everything!
- Having a supportive colleague is what every employee desires in the workplace. Thanks for being there for me. Cheers to ourselves!
- Thank you for always showing us the right way with your attention to detail. We feel lucky to have someone like you amidst us. Cheers!
- Thank you, mate, for all the extra miles you went ahead to help the entire team and me. We highly acknowledge your efforts and kindness shown towards us.
- Bestowing you with appreciation words isn’t enough in front of everything you have done for us so far. Then also, I would like to extend my best regards and assure our meaningful collaboration in the near future as well.
- It is colleagues at work who make the day feel less stressful and fill a bit of fun at work. Thank you for being the one!
- Serving with you has been one of the most pleasurable moments of my life. Saying this, I wish you all the success in life.
- Not everyone comes forward whenever their team needs them, but you, mate, have earned our respect for being there for us every time we needed you. Cheers!
- All the appreciation words would only make up for a pinch of all the great works that you have done so far. Keep up the excellent work, and keep rising!
- You have outlived our expectations as a team member, and we are proud to have someone like you amidst us. May you keep progressing, and best wishes for the times ahead!
Employees like it when they are appreciated either by their executives or their peers. Every good work and extra effort exhibited by an employee is meant to be respected and acknowledged. Failing to recognize your employees may often result in a demotivated workforce not suitable for business. Henceforth, putting up the right word to appreciate your employees’ or colleagues’ work becomes crucial.
Therefore, these words of appreciation for employees will help you craft a good employee appreciation message. These messages are ideal for everyday praise as well as special occasions, such as writing meaningful Thanksgiving messages to employees. At the end of the day, it’s your employees who fuel your growth, and through appreciation, you can power your employees.