James Kimberley Corden is an English actor, singer, comedian, and television host. He hosts The Late Late Show with James Corden, a late-night television talk show on CBS. Along with Welsh actress Ruth Jones, Corden co-created, co-wrote and starred in the critically acclaimed BBC sitcom Gavin & Stacey (2007–2010; 2019) for which he won the BAFTA Television Award for Best Comedy Performance.
Appearing on the UK charity telethon Comic Relief in 2011, Corden created his Carpool Karaoke sketch when he drove around London singing songs with George Michael. He returned to host the ceremony solo between 2011 and 2014. For his performance in the Broadway run of the play, Corden won the Tony Award for Best Actor in a Play. In 2015 he received the BAFTA Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year.
Some of the best quotes from James Corden are listed below.
- “BBC3 even started their biggest shows, like Jack Whitehall’s ‘Bad Education,’ they premiered on the iPlayer a week before it went on TV. I think it should always be at the forefront of what is fresh and exciting, and therefore it should be the first channel to exist online.” – James Corden
- “Going to America is the best prize, so fingers crossed it will work out on Broadway.” – James Corden
- “I don’t care about awards and all the attention being a ‘celebrity’ gets you. It’s just part of the job.” – James Corden
- “I don’t consider myself to be incredibly confident, or really lacking in confidence. When you’re on Jonathan Ross’ or Graham Norton’s show, inevitably there’s something to sell. And there’s a live audience; you’re sat between Cameron Diaz and Tinie Tempah – I don’t really see it as ‘me.’ It would be odd if it was.” – James Corden
- “I saw Boy George looking amazing, absolutely unbelievable, and messaged him asking for the number of his nutritionist. I got in touch with her, and she put me on this diet plan, working out which foods do and don’t suit me. It’s not rocket science – basically, don’t eat cake, don’t eat bread.” – James Corden
- “I think everyone at school experiences some form of bullying. With kids at school, it can be anything – it can be your shoes or the wrong bag or anything.” – James Corden
- “I was always the kid at school who thought it was a good idea to set off the fire alarm. And much as I’m aware that that’s a trait which also propels other things which are good, I wish I could just pause and go, ‘Is this really what you want to do?’” – James Corden
- “I went through a stage of wearing quite lairy trainers. Such an awful idea.” – James Corden
- “I wish I didn’t like sweets as much as I do. I wish I didn’t get carried away sometimes.” – James Corden
- “I’d love to have written a film and it to be regarded as good. I’d just like to be doing things that are good, really. I think that’s all you can aim for. I find it odd when actors say they just want to do films or plays or television.” – James Corden
- “It is hard because I love Cornettos, so that will always be a weakness, and I’ve realized that bread is my nemesis. I believe bread has been sent to destroy me to the core.” – James Corden
- “Look at bread, and see it as a Dairy Milk Cadbury’s chocolate bar, and say to yourself, ‘OK, you don’t need that.’ Bread is bad.” – James Corden
- “Louis Tomlinson, who is a member of One Direction, his mum was a chaperone on ‘Fat Friends.’ So Louis used to come to the set with his mum, and since I was the only sort of young person around, we would kick a football around, things like that.” – James Corden
- “My biggest tip is this… treat bread like chocolate. You wouldn’t have a chocolate bar in the morning and then a double chocolate bar at lunch and then some chocolate before dinner. I was essentially eating a loaf of bread a day. And that doesn’t work for me.” – James Corden
- “No one could have predicted on day one of the rehearsals, that a year and a half later we would have shot a film and all be living in New York. It was surreal.” – James Corden
- “Nobody tells you when success comes around; in its transient way, you’re just working and exhausted all the time. Sometimes I think I’m just sleeping in the back of cars, d’you know what I mean?” – James Corden
- “On stage, you have to have incredible confidence, or you would stop doing it. But I don’t think I will ever get to the point where I go, ‘I know exactly what I am doing,’ and I don’t think I want to.” – James Corden
- “There is really no one who hasn’t made mistakes in their career. Martin Scorsese has made mistakes – why can’t I?” – James Corden
- “When I look back at the church I grew up in, I realize that nothing about its behavior was very Christian. It was just a social club on Sundays where people would meet up with their mates.” – James Corden
- “You can either hope and pray you don’t get picked on, or you can, in a way, almost make yourself a bigger target, because it’s harder to bully something that’s really big. It’s easy to bully something that’s small and frail.” – James Corden