There is something extremely upsetting about leaving the home of self-quarantine into the anxious, ambient fright outside world in a pandemic. At house, it feels hyper real and outdoor they feel completely strange. Everyday life in the COVID-19 pandemic is all about confusing contrasts. We have discussed below how to clean yourself and house to avoid COVID-19, which disinfectants can kill it, homemade disinfectant and some quick questions.
Important instructions to stay safe
- Wash your hands often for as a minimum 20 seconds (or if water is not available use hand sanitizer)
- If you are sneezing or coughing, put on a protective mask
- Stay away 6 feet from other individuals in public
- Spend maximum time in houses. Dodge big crowds, going out to restaurants, bars, etc
To keep yourself COVID-19 free
1. Wash your hands frequently
You have heard it a zillion times, and you will listen to it a billion more, because it is an excellent approach to lesser your threat of contracting corona virus, and spreading to other individuals, is to thoroughly wash your hands after you sneeze, cough, use the bathroom, touch your face, or after coming back from outside.
It is preferable to wash your hands minimum 20 seconds with any good anti-bacterial hand-wash. It is also significant to moisturize your hands. Cracked, dry skin is at higher threat for all types of contagions, so once you rinse, put on a moisturizer. It is wonderful! Almost all moisturizing creams have same ingredients, so you can use any brand you prefer.
2. Stay home
Even though if you are not ill, simply stay home. Being in vast gatherings or going to cafes can cause higher threats not only to yourself but to the individuals near you. The more you are in crowded places, the more probabilities the COVID-19 has stick on your clothes or hands.
To keep your home COVID-19 free
1. Clean and disinfect
Cleaning and disinfecting is not the same thing. You should do both even if no one in your house is sick.
- Cleaning is about eradicating impurities
- Disinfecting is about killing virus
- Do both everyday if anyone or anything has come in or left your house
We must clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces, like door knobs, tables etc in our houses as a minimum once every day just to be safe.
2. Target your home’s high-touch surfaces
Investigators have established that COVID-19 is able to live on surfaces like cardboard for 24 hours, but up to 2-3 days on stainless steel and plastic. Some of the high-touch surfaces to clean and disinfect daily, include;
- Bathroom counters
- Faucets and faucet knobs
- Game controllers
- Hard dining chairs (seat, back, and arms)
- Kitchen counters
- Light switches
- Table surfaces
- Toilets (seat and handle)
- TV remote controls
3. First clean, and then disinfect
- Initially, clean the surfaces, eradicating any impurities, dirt, or debris. Do this by simply wiping them with a cleaning spray or foamy water and a towel
- Then spread a disinfectant. The simplest and quickest way to do is using disinfecting spray or wipes
4. List of disinfectants
- Disinfectant spray (Clorox, Purell, Lysol)
- Disinfecting wipes (Lysol, or Clorox)
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Isopropyl alcohol
If you cannot find store-bought disinfectants, make homemade bleach disinfectant spray:
- 4 tsps bleach
- 1-quart water
- Pour both into bottle and shake well
- Spray to disinfect, leave it for 10 min, wipe with wet fabric
How to disinfect your devices
Disinfecting wipes are the best approach to clean your devices. But some devices need special attentions.
1. How to disinfect your phone or tablet
Disinfect phone or tablet with a disinfecting wipe or alcohol swabs (at least 70%). Ensure you pay extra focus to the buttons, the screen, and everywhere pocket lint and dust incline to get stuck. Also remove phone case and clean underneath and clean the outside.
2. How to disinfect your computer
Follow the same procedure to disinfect laptops, computers and other electronic devices, which you’ve used for phone and tablets.
Leave a Reply