Mpost is an innovative product that allows you to enjoy postal services at home, in the office, or on the go at your convenience through your mobile phone – Posta Mkononi. Mpost means Mobile Post office. It enables any mobile phone user to have their phone act like a mobile post office to receive letters.
It allows you to make your mobile number be a formal postal address. With it, you get access to postal services through your mobile phone. The service also allows customers to choose or change their deliveries to their preferred branches. Your Mpost address, will be your phone number followed by the postal code you select, i.e 07xxxxxxxx-postalcode.
How Mpost works
Once a user registers for the service, they choose the most convenient post office (out of the Post Offices across Kenya) where they can receive their letters/documents/parcels. Once a letter/parcel is received by the PCK, an SMS will be sent to the user, notifying them that they have received mail (letters/documents/parcels). The user then has a choice of walking to the post office to collect the documents or ask that Posta delivers them to their house/office/different location at an extra fee.
How much Mpost costs
The Mpost service costs Ksh 300 per year. You have to renewal every year to keep your Mpost address active.
With Mpost, you get to enjoy all your postal services at your finger tips.
- Your personal box, no sharing
- Secure, affordable and convenient
- No waiting for mails, mailing is instant
- Your mails will never get lost, you can track the current location of mail
- Mails follow you were ever you go, at your door steps, up country or when on holiday
- SMS notifications on your mobile phone when you have mail in your box
Benefits of Mpost
Here are some of the reasons why you should register for Mpost.
- Convenience – Once mail is received at the Post Office, an SMS notification is sent to the phone and the mail can be delivered across the country
- Secure – With mobile based service communal sharing of boxes is eliminated hence enhancing security and privacy
- Affordability – Mpost is technologically driven and therefore riding on existing infrastructure. The virtual box costs Ksh 300 per year
- Inclusion – The ability to entrench addressing within a populace. With Mpost, anyone with a phone number can own a virtual post office box
You can contact Mpost using the following contacts.
Huduma Centre, GPO, Nairobi
Mpost registration process
You can register for Mpost either through the use of USSD or online on the Mpost website.
- Dial *890*90# or *234*1*9#
- Enter your ID or passport number, then press ‘Send’
- Enter your postal code (Enter the one nearest where you stay)
- Enter agent’s mobile number, if not applicable enter zero (0)
- You will be asked to pay Ksh 300 (Enter your preferred service PIN)
- Go to Mpost website
- Click on ‘Register’
- Enter your details and click ‘Submit’
- You will be asked to pay to pay Ksh 300
Leave a Reply