Microsoft News (previously named MSN News and Bing News) is a news aggregator and service that features news headlines and articles chosen by editors. It allows users to set their own favorite topics and sources, receive notifications of breaking news though alerts, filter preferred news sources, and alter font sizes to make articles easier to read. To be considered for inclusion on Microsoft News, publishers should submit their sites to Bing News PubHub.
You can also submit your website for inclusion on these other news aggregator platforms, to get more reach and traffic.
How to get published on Microsoft News
The following sites are not eligible for inclusion on Microsoft News.
- Non-news sites designed primarily to market products or services
- Sites with a primary purpose of unauthorized news or content aggregation
- Sites that do not publish with some level of frequency
- Sites publishing content that does not adhere to basic standards of grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling and word usage
- Accountability and transparency – Sites must identify ownership with easily accessible and verifiable contact information, including each of the following:
- Publisher name
- Physical address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Content rights and responsibility – Sites must have legal rights to publish the content on their site and assume responsibility for the content published on its site
- Attribution and representation:
- Clear, verifiable authorship must be provided for content, including articles, photos and graphics
- Bylines must primarily use the full names of writers (no pseudonyms or posts by “Admin”)
- Sources must be provided for facts, quotes and opinions
- Headlines and link text must accurately represent the connected content
- Site content consistently reflects the stated purpose and theme of the site
- Commentary, opinion and reviews must be clearly labeled
Prohibited content includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Threatening or violent activity – Microsoft News does not allow content that promotes illegal activities or is used to threaten, harass, organize violence, or support violent organizations
- Promotion of hate – Microsoft News does not allow content that condones hate or incites violence based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference
- Sexually explicit content – Microsoft News does not allow content that is sexually explicit or promotes illegal sexual activity
How to submit your website for inclusion on Microsoft News
Many factors can impact whether your site will be featured or shown in Microsoft News or Bing search results. Computer algorithms make selections based on variables that can include, for example, source authority, newsworthiness, originality, and relevance. If you are confident your site adheres to all of the above criteria, submit it to Bing News PubHub for consideration for listing on Microsoft News.
Leave a Reply