KRA tax compliance certificate, commonly referred to KRA clearance certificate or TCC, is an official document issued by KRA, as proof of having filed and paid all your taxes. The certificate is only valid for 1 year and application for a new TCC should be lodged 7 days prior to expiry of the previous one. Unlike most clearance certificates, the TCC is free of charge. KRA issues the following compliance certificates upon application.
- Tax compliance certificates for taxpayers seeking tenders with government ministries and institutions.
- Tax compliance certificates to employees leaving service nor seeking new job opportunities.
- Tax compliance certificates for taxpayers seeking liquor licenses.
- Tax compliance certificates to clearing and forwarding agents.
Taxpayers seeking tax compliance certificate must be compliant in.
- Filing of tax returns on or before the due date for all applicable tax obligations.
- Payment of tax on or before the due date.
- Clearance of all outstanding tax debt.
How to apply for KRA tax compliance certificate
To get the KRA tax compliance certificate, follow these steps.
- Access the KRA iTax Portal.
- Enter your KRA PIN, password and answer the security question.
- Click the “Login” button.
- You will be redirected to the iTax dashboard.
- Hover on “Certificates” on the tabs and select “Apply for Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC)”.
- You will be required to provide a reason why you are applying for the certificate.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- You will get an alert that your Application for the Tax Compliance Certificate has been submitted successfully.
- Accordingly, you will get an acknowledgement number, that you can use to track application and a link to download the acknowledgement receipt.
- You will also get an email from KRA acknowledging your application, further informing you that once your certificate is ready you will get an email thereof.
- After a few days, once your application has been reviewed, KRA will send you an email attaching your Tax Compliance Certificate.