The TikTok Creator Fund is a monetary fund for creators. It’s not an ad revenue sharing program like YouTube’s AdSense, nor is it a form of arts grant. It’s simply a way for TikTok to share income with creators who are killing it on the platform. In the company’s own words, the fund was launched to encourage those who dream of using their voices and creativity to spark inspirational careers.
TikTok has been decidedly secretive about their payout structure, but the general idea is that users who meet their requirements will be compensated for well-performing videos. How TikTok calculates their payouts is based on factors like views, video engagement and even region-specific performance. It should go without saying, but the videos also need to adhere to the community guidelines and terms of service, so you’ll have to rack up your views without breaking the rules.
How much does the TikTok Creator Fund pay?
Even with multiple millions at play, high-performing TikTok users shouldn’t expect a life-changing payday just yet. There are no hard rules about how much the TikTok Creator Fund pays its contributors. The general consensus is that TikTok pays between 2 and 4 cents for every 1,000 views. Some quick math suggests you might expect $20 to $40 after reaching a million views.
At first glance, that might look pretty bad. But remember: the fund should inspire creators to, well, keep creating. Master your TikTok game and you could be hitting millions of views on a regular basis. Once you’ve racked up at least $10 from the Fund, you can simply withdraw your Creator Fund payout using an online financial service like Paypal or Zelle.
Requirements to join the TikTok Creator Fund?
There are a few other requirements to join the Creator Fund.
- You need to have a Pro account (and it’s easy to make the switch if you don’t).
- You need to have at least 10,000 followers.
- You need to have received at least 100,000 views in the last 30 days.
- You also need to be 18 or older.
- Make sure you’re following the TikTok sommunity guidelines and terms of service.
And in order to make money off your work, you should be making original content.
How to join the TikTok Creator Fund
If you meet all of the requirements listed earlier in this article, it’s super easy to apply for the Creator Fund. Just follow these simple steps:
- Make sure you have a Pro account. If you’re already signed up for TikTok with a Pro account, you can skip this step.
- Simply open the app and tap “Me” to go to your profile.
- From there, tap the three lines on the top right and click “Manage Account”.
- Under “Account Control” hit “Switch to Pro Account”.
- Then you can choose either a “Creator” or a “Business” account under the “Pro” category.
- Under “Settings and Privacy”, click on “Creator tools” and choose “TikTok Creator Fund”.
- Confirm that you’re over the age of 18.
- Submit your application.
TikTok will let you know if they decide to approve your application. If you get rejected, you can apply again in 30 days.