The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) of Kenya is an Independent government Commission established under the Constitution of Kenya to manage human resource within the education sector. The commission requires every teach to have a TSC number before they can be allowed to teach in both public and private schools. All teachers, secondary teachers, primary teachers and the lower levels teachers, can register online on the TSC system.
Requirements to apply for TSC number
You must have the following documents before you proceed to apply for TSC number.
- National ID
- KRA PIN
- Passport size photo
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Bank slip for non-refundable registration fee (Ksh 1,055 and 2,055 for duplicate certificate) deposited to the TSC account; National Bank of Kenya Ltd, Harambee Avenue branch, Account Name: TSC-Secretariat Account Number: 01001005707400
- GP69 form
- Work permits for foreigners
Application for TSC number
To apply for TSC number, follow these steps.
- Go to New Teacher Registration
- Enter your ID number/Passport and Surname at the bottom of the page and begin the application process
- You can also apply for a Duplicate Certificate of Registration by entering your ID number/ Passport and Surname at the bottom of the page
- Allow TSC to process your registration within 30 days
- You can check the status of your application here
Leave a Reply