CRB clearance certificate, is a document issued by a Credit Reference Bureau institution, as proof that a person is not listed as a defaulter (blacklisted from applying for a loan). It’s one of the five mandatory clearances required when applying for a county or national government job, also when running for a public office. If the applicant does not possess this clearance certificate, it may lead to disqualification.
How to apply for CRB clearance certificate
To get a CRB clearance certificate, you must make an application through a licensed CRB company. It will cost your Ksh 2,200 for the certificate. The Central Bank of Kenya has licensed the following CRB firms.
a. Metropol Corporation
Follow these obtain the CRB clearance certificate via Metropol Corporation.
- Dial *433# on your mobile phone using Safaricom line
- Enter your National ID Number
- Enter an agent number if you were referred by a Metropol agent else enter zero (0) to proceed
- Confirm your details to complete the registration process
- Pay Ksh 100 as registration fees through the Paybill number 220388 and use your National ID number as the account number
- You will receive an SMS with Crytobol PIN
- Visit the Metropol website
- Enter your PIN
- Select ‘Clearance Certificate’
- Pay Ksh 2,200 for the certificate through the Paybill number 220388
- Follow the instructions provided to download your clearance certificate
b. TransUnion Africa
Follow these obtain the CRB clearance certificate via TransUnion Africa.
- Text your full names to 21272 or 21CRB. Note: SMS Charges cost Ksh 19. Download the TransUnion Nipashe app to save on SMS charges
- Register by paying a one-off payment of Ksh 50 to PayBill number 212121 and use your National ID as account number
- Then pay Ksh 2,200, then email your Mpesa/Airtel transaction details to email@example.com and you will be emailed back the clearance certificate
c. Creditinfo Kenya
Leave a Reply